21 November 2017

Anime I'm Watching & Loving!

This isn't summer

It's been a great year of anime and I've really enjoyed getting back into the anime world, watching so many new and different series that it's almost been like falling in love again because prior to this year I hadn't really been watching much and now I'm watching almost a series a week! This will be my last anime post of 2017 but do not fear I will be continuing these post in 2018 because there's just so much more anime I want to watch and share, new and awesome series are being released all the time so there's just no way I can quit....

青の祓魔師
Rin Okumura is ambushed by demons one day and discovers that he is the son of Satan who wants him to use his demon powers to conquer the world. Rin refuses to join Satan and instead joins an academy along with his brother to begin training to become an exorcist to protect the people around him and defeat Satan. This anime has been on my watchlist for the longest time, I'm a big fan of supernatural anime and this did not disappoint. I loved the relationship between the exorcist students and seeing how they overcame their struggles both supernatural and personal. The series is quite humorous to which I always enjoy and I really loved Kuro, I'm always a sucker for the cute familiars. A second series based in Kyoto was also released earlier this year which I really enjoyed watching to, it's a self-contained story (or possible reboot?) so it's easy enough to follow even if you haven't watched the first season so be sure to check that one out to as it's really good and it features a little cameo from one of my favourite Japanese mascots Tawawa-Chan.


機動戦士ガンダムUC RE:0096
I confess although I'm familiar with the Gundam world and I am a fan of the figures I haven't actually watched a Gundam series since I was a little kid, it's one of those series I used to watch during summers in Thailand along with Sailor Moon, Doremon, Ultraman and Kamen Rider and as I've become reacquainted with most of the old Japanese series I used to watch as a kid now I'm living in Thailand again I thought it was about time I watched some Gundam so I went for Unicorn for obvious reasons! I felt so much nostalgia watching this and it wasn't too difficult to follow considering how out of the loop I am with this world and now I'm kinda thinking I need to catch up so no doubt I'll be adding a bunch more Gundam to my watchlist.


月刊少女野崎くん
Chiyo Sakura, a high school student, confesses her feeling to Umetarou Nozaki who hands her a strange autograph, it turns out that Nozaki is actually a popular shoujo manga artist who goes by the pen name Sakiko Yumeno, Sakura through some confusion then finds herself becoming one of Nozaki's manga assistants along with a few other of her schoolmates. This is such a fun and cute anime, I loved the relationship between all the characters as they seem to constantly misunderstand each other but there's still sweetness between them. This anime is very humour based and I giggled so much watching this as the characters are just so funny. It may be a little cheesy but that's the whole point because in a way it parodies a typical shoujo manga and its tropes.


僕のヒーローアカデミア
Izuku Midoriya dreams of one day becoming a hero but is bullied by his fellow classmates for not having a "quirk" or superpower. After being the only person to try and save his childhood bully from a villain, the world's greatest hero All Might, gives him a quirk "One For All", Izuku is then accepted into U.A. High School an elite school that trains the worlds next greatest superheroes to save the world against the villains. I've seen so many mentions about this anime so I decided to finally give it a watch and I would describe it as One Punch Man the high school edition (remember when Attack of Titan did that?). I love One Punch Man and I can just imagine this existing in the same universe, the characters are so "quirky" (see what I did there?) and it made the series really fun and humorous to watch, so if you're you're a fan of One Punch Man check this out and if you haven't seen One Punch Man you need to watch that to!


クズの本懐
Hanabi Yasuraoka has fallen for with her childhood friend and now teacher at her school Narumi Kanai but he's already in love with another teacher Akane Minagawa. Hanabi meets Mugi Awaya who is another admirer of Akane and they form a fake relationship to satisfy each other's loneliness both sexually and emotionally but agree not to fall in love with each other and end the charade once their love is returned from the people they really love. This anime wasn't particularly enjoyable, the storyline is quite depressing and none of the characters are really that likeable but for some reason I liked it and it's because it's real and relatable to anyone who's every felt loneliness and unrequited love, I think at some point in our lives we've all done something stupid and regrettable because of hurt feelings regarding love. The animation is really beautiful and done in such an interesting way that it's like you're watching a manga being drawn out with the use of panels and ink stain transitions. This anime may be too "real" for some people but that's the beauty of it so if you're into something more light-hearted then give this one a miss but if you want an anime which makes you reflect on your own life choices and loneliness then maybe give this one a try.


What anime series have you been watching lately?
Love & Matcha
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment