27 November 2017

Coffee & Cake Date #8: Baan Kang Wat - Chiang Mai - Thailand

Baan Kang Wat - Chiang Mai - Thailand

Baan Kang Wat is one of my favourite hidden gems in Chiang Mai, the name translates to the house next to the temple (the temple being Wat Ram Poeng) and it's also know as the artists village. Every Sunday morning there is a market there where you can get food, drinks, organic vegetables and handmade goods and that's always the day I choose to visit. I love this place so much it's got such a relaxing, artsy vibe, it's really healing to just sit and watch the artists at work, you can also attend art classes there which I would love to do one day, and there's all sorts of unique goods you can buy to help support the local art community which is what I'm all about being a creative myself.

Baan Kang Wat - Chiang Mai - Thailand

There are actually a few little cafes here but I always go to the one in the back near the vegetable garden because the cakes there are some of the best I've ever tasted! When it comes to lemon meringue pie I'm spoilt because my Nan makes an awesome one and I haven't tried a single one any where in the world that matches it in flavour but the one they serve here is excellent and I always order it whenever I see it. The cafe is covered in plants and you'd be forgiven if you miss it because it's so hidden by green but I love it because it's so relaxing and you can easily spend a couple hours here relaxing and enjoying the peaceful atmosphere. This is always the place I come to when I need to clear my head and sort out my life and when I leave I always feel in a much better place than when I arrived.

Baan Kang Wat - Chiang Mai - Thailand

บ้านข้างวัดเป็นบ้านศิลปินอยู่ใกล้วัดรำ่เปิง ฉันชอบไปบ้านข้างวัดทุกวันอาทิตย์เพราะมีตลาดพิเศษขายของแฮนด์เมดและอาหารออแกนิค ฉันมีอารมณ์ดีไปเที่ยวที่นี่เพราะชอบเดินในสวนและเห็นศิลปินวาดรูป ในบ้านข้างวัดมีคาเฟ่ฉันชอบที่สุด เค็กที่นี่อร่อยมากกว่าคาเฟ่อื่น ฉันรู้สึกดีกินเค็กที่คาเฟ่นี่เพราะรสชาติเหมือนย่าทำ ฉันแนะนำเมื่อคุณเครียดคุณมาเทียวบ้านข้างวัดเพราะมีสวนเงียบคุณนั่งสบาย

What's your favourite places to visit when you're stressed?
Love & Lemons
Cate
xoxo


Psssst if you want to see more awesome cafes from around the world you can click the button below, buy me a coffee & get treats & a shoutout on my next post





No comments:

Post a Comment