20 March 2015

5 Fandom Friday: My Comfort Films


Such an awesome topic for #Fandom5 this week, last month I wrote a list called "Things To Do When You're Feeling Sad" and one of the things was to watch your favourite childhood movie because there's nothing quite like nostalgia to bring back those happy feelings. A lot of my comfort movies are ones I watched when I was a kid but I thought I would try to go with a mix of movies different movies for this list otherwise it would pretty much be all Disney movies!

Wall-E
You all already know I have an immense love for this movie, it's my absolute favourite Pixar movie and whenever I'm feeling sad this is my go to movie, it never fails to make me smile. I absolutely adore this film!

Velvet Goldmine
I used to watch this movie every weekend because it's just so beautiful. I'm a little obsessed with Christian Bale and he is so goddamn adorable in this movie I just want to hold him and never let go also Jonathan Rhys Meyers makes a beautiful Bowie-esque creature and the music is so good, I kinda want to live in this movie....

Spirited Away
I think it's the beautiful visuals and magical storyline that soothe me so much to watch. I love all of Studio Ghibli movies and I own every single one but this is the one I always come back to.

The Muppet Movie
The first and original Muppet movie will always be my favourite. I used to watch this almost everyday when I was a little girl in Thailand, we didn't have many English movies available to us back then so my Dad bought a bootleg of it and I watched it all the damn time. Watching it now makes me so happy and nostalgic and they have the best songs EVER!

The Darjeeling Limited
I had to include a Wes Anderson film on this list because his visuals,stories and music are just so beautiful and make great comfort movies. It's honestly hard to pick a favourite movie of his so I went with the first one I saw which started my love affair with all his movies The Darjeeling Limited

BONUS
Bubble Boy
This movie is ridiculous but it's so damn funny and incredibly sweet. Swoosie Kurtz is amazing and I still can't get over Jake Gyllenhaal I mean he's an awesome actor and really can play anything. Sometimes I just want to watch something dumb and funny and this is my go to movie as it never fails to make me giggle.

Check out #Fandom5 creators The Nerdy Girly & Super Space Chick & join in on the Fandom Friday fun!
Love & Bubbles
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment