05 March 2019

Breaking Down Walls (East Side Gallery, Berlin, Germany)


Honestly, I feel like I lost a bit of my confidence when it comes to creativity, whether it's crafting things, photography or writing my creative outlets were always somewhere I could meditate, relax, pour out my heart and rest my mind but as life got busier I had little time for art in my life and eventually just lost all my confidence for it....


Art has always been important to me, it's how people express their true selves, it's inspiration and it's pain, it's something that makes you wonder and something that brings you home, it comes in many mediums and it's everywhere, sometimes we just need to open our hearts and pay a little more attention. This place The East Side Gallery is the perfect example of that.


While going through this struggle of finding my passion again I remembered my trip to Berlin and walking along these brightly coloured walls, a wall that divided a nation and kept families apart for decades, where people lived and died. Now it's a beautiful place where people can freely express themselves and it made me realise I've built my own wall that I need to break down.


So I'm pushing forward, blocking out the noise and finding my confidence and passion again because I realise that creativity is something really important that I need in my life. Even if the gains don't bring me success financially the most important thing is the emotional and mental gains I make. This is something I need to do for me, something I need to give me the strength and passion to fight through each day.

What do you do when you need a confidence boost?  
Love & Monsters
Cate
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment