10 June 2018

Exploring Incheon - South Korea

Incheon - South Korea

Previous visits to Korea have never seen me leave Seoul even though there's just so much of the country I want to explore I always end up staying in Seoul as I just feel so comfortable there but as I had a longer stay on my last trip to Korea I thought I should probably get out of the city for a day or two so Nami was on first the list and after deciding against spending a cold day in Everland we thought we would check out Incheon instead, mostly because of KDrama related reasons but we made sure to explore some of the city's most famous sites while we were there to starting with a stop in Chinatown.

Incheon - South Korea

Incheon - South Korea

Incheon - South Korea

Incheon's Chinatown is the biggest in Korea and rates high as one of the places you have to visit. Through the big Chinese arches it was a steep uphill walk to explore Chinatown, and unfortunately during my visit a lot of the shops were closed for the holidays but I wasn't there to shop I was there for the food so I made sure to pick up some of my fave street food snacks whilst I was there and of course try their most famous dish Jajangmyeon which is noodles in a black bean sauce which is actually one of my fave Chinese dishes but the Korean version tastes quite different and not as good in my opinion but strangely enough I found the addition of onions really delicious which is really unusual for me as I normally detest onions in my food but for some reason they taste really good in Korea. So after filling my stomach in Chinatown it was time to do more exploring and right next door to Chinatown is just the cutest place, Fairy Tale Village.

Incheon - South Korea

Incheon - South Korea

Incheon - South Korea

Fairy Tale Village is just the cutest place and the most surprising find, I actually never heard of it before and just happened to see a sign for it whilst in Chinatown and decided to check it out, out of curiosity. The whole area is full of super cute pastel and magical themed restaurants and shops, with paintings of your favourite storybook characters adorning all the walls and buildings, sadly as with Chinatown a lot of the shops and cafes were closed for the holidays but there was still so many cute things to see, each alley was like a having a mini adventure and had I not already filled my tummy up in Chinatown I would have totally tried out some of the cute desserts they had in the cafes there.

Incheon - South Korea

Incheon seemed to have a more relaxed, traditional, laid back vibe than Seoul and there's lot's of really interesting places to visit so I'd definitely like to go back and see more of the city one day, it's the perfect place to go to if you're looking for a little break from Seoul life and it's only an hour away on the train. So if you want to see more of what I got up to in Icheon then be sure to check out my Goblin filming locations post for more cute places to see, my favourite bookshop and one of the best views of the city!

What places would you like to visit in Korea?
Love & Pandas
Cate
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment