15 June 2018

Asian Dramas I'm Watching & Loving!

The red one..

Honestly, I haven't had a lot of time for TV lately and it's one of the reasons I skipped posting last month as I tend to want to finish watching a bunch of dramas instead of just posting one or two that I've seen or that I'm in the middle of unless it's really good and I just can't contain my excitement! Also I'm kinda cheating this month as I'm including a couple movies but honestly they needed to be included because they're the best things I've seen in a long time and I just can't stop thinking about them and life and how touched they made me feel! But... hopefully sometime soon I'll be able to give myself enough downtime so I can chill out and catch up on dramas because I'm really missing having them in my life...

더 패키지
Yoon So-So, a travel guide, leads a group of Korean tourists on a package tour in France. Each of them have their own back stories but after a time find themselves developing close relationships with each other. I became aware of this drama because JB and Jackson of GOT7 were part of the OST and it was such a beautiful song I had to see what the drama was all about. This was honestly such a beautiful drama, the backdrop of France worked to well to tell the stories of these people on this package holiday and I actually learned quite a bit about France in the process, even though I've been there many times after watching this I really want to go back! This series is essentially about love and all the different aspects of relationships, falling in and out love, marriage, death, career, family and it's both heartbreaking and heartwarming. It wasn't cheesy or overly dramatic it was very real and relatable. I really enjoyed all the characters, their diverse stories and how their lives all connected in some way, and of course all the humour that was thrown in on the way as they find themselves in some quite amusing situations during their trip. I'd definitely recommend this drama if you're looking for something to relax to in the evenings as it was a nice easy watch, all the stories are very easy to follow without being too overwhelming and the romance was very sweet, you'll definitely be wanting to visit France after watching this series.


아이언맨
Joo Hong-bin a rich CEO, with a heightened sense of smell and an angry attitude develops a supernatural ability where by his anger and mental anguish manifest itself as knives sprouting from his body. He meets Son Se-dong, a kindhearted girl who smells just like his lost love and as she becomes more involved in his life he learns how to deal with his anguish and new found power. It's been over a year since Lee Dong Wook has been in a drama and after m Goblin adventures I just really missed seeing him so I thought I would give this drama a try as the story sounded interesting. I really wanted to love this drama but I just felt like something was lacking, I did love Lee Dong Wook and his assistant but the female lead and the kid I found slightly annoying because they spent half the series doing nothing by cry and it was that really annoying, fake loud cry which just reminded me of all those times when I was a kid my brother would do it to get what he wanted, but I digress and by the end of the series they did kinda grow on me. I probably wouldn't watch this again though but I'm happy I got to see Lee Dong Wook in another drama because he always does such a great job.

青丘狐传说
The story revolves around the good foxes of Qing Qiu and follows several main characters and their individual stories which link together to form the plot which was adapted from six tales from Strange Stories from a Chinese Studio: "Feng San Niang", "A Xiu", "Ying Ning", "Hu Si Xiang Gong", "Chang Ting" and "Heng Niang". This drama is just visually stunning and whilst I did enjoy it I didn't really get into it as much as the last Chinese drama I watched, Ice Fantasy which was excellent! I found each of the stories quite similar and predictable, the whole forbidden love thing is a genre I find quite tiresome and cliched now as it just appears in so many dramas, but it wasn't completely cliched the fact that they were fox spirits and had their own unique history and customs did make it a little bit more interesting to watch and the characters were really cute however none of them really shone out to me but visually this series was just amazing and a real treat for the eyes, the sets, the costumes, the movement was just beautiful! So if you're into Asian fantasy and period dramas then maybe check this one out.

신과함께-죄와 벌
A firefighter dies saving the life of a young girl and is guided into the afterlife to take on 7 different trails which judge how he has lived his life, with 3 guardians to defend him he has 49 days to prove he lead an honest lawful life and is worthy to be to reincarnated. Have you ever watched a movie that really changed you? Really made you question the way you live your life? Really made you want to become a better person? To live your life to the fullest? THIS is that movie!! Firstly I just want to say the visuals in this movie are beautiful and I loved how they presented the different realms of the afterlife and the guardians of those realms. I've seen a lot of these types of movies and they can either be overtly cheesy or overtly preachy and this was neither of those things and although the protagonist is presented as some sort of saint you see in reality he isn't, he's just like the rest of us, he has his reason for living his life and making the choices he did. The guardians were amazing to and so passionate and emotional, I loved the head reaper the most his journey was so interesting which I won't say too much about so just go watch it! This movie really made me think and really made me question the consequences of some of my actions and if they really were justified and on the other hand if I should really blame myself for things that I couldn't really change or control but wow I can't wait to see the second part of this movie which is going to be released very soon!!

7번방의 선물
Yong-Goo a mentally disabled man lives a simple but happy life with his young daughter Ye-Seung but one day he's falsely accused of murder and sent to jail where he shares a cell with five other inmates who work together with his daughter to prove his innocence. I'm throwing in another movie this month because this one really needs to be mentioned to and while I'm sure many people have seen or at least heard about this movie, I only found it recently when it popped up in my recommends list as a comedy.... While yes it is really funny and has some really heartwarming moments it's also possibly one of the saddest movies I've ever seen! The ending had me in tears, I cried hard and I cried ugly and I couldn't stop thinking about it for days. Normally it's only dog movies that affect me like that (Marley, Hachi etc.) but wow this movie really touched me deep. I loved all the characters, the little girl was so cute and the father I had so much love for. Seriously, I kinda feel bad mentioning this movie to you all because you are guaranteed to cry but wow it's such a beautiful movie and it moved me so much I couldn't not mention it, so please do go check it out if you haven't already!


What series have you been enjoying recently?
Love & Dandelions
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment