02 January 2015

5 Fandom Friday: New Years Fandom Resolutions


HAPPY NEW YEAR! I can't believe a new year is already upon us and as usual I'm determined to make this the best year ever. Life has been so busy I haven't done one of these Friday Fandom 5 posts in a while but I have so much fun writing them and reading everyone else's that I definitely want to make them a regular thing for 2015 so what better way to kick off 2015 and a new year of blogging than with my new years fandom resolutions

Cosplay
Cosplay has quickly become one of my favourite hobbies I love making costumes as much as I love wearing them and have learned so many new skills. Cosplay has also helped me in other ways as it gives me confidence, keeps me creative and a gives me a goal to focus on to keep myself fit, healthy and strong like Asgardian that being said the most important thing about cosplay is having fun so don't feel like you have to look like a lady warrior to cosplay as Wonder Woman, you don't have to be 100% accurate to the character you just have to have a damn good time wearing it!

Get tickets to San Diego Comic Con
Yeah... so I want to go this year and I've been planning it since my last trip in 2013, I'm praying to the old gods and the new to bless me with the good luck I had last time but I know this year is going to be a BIG one so they'll be plenty of competition for tickets but I'm remaining hopeful and if all fails there's always the next one...

In a reading mood ..
READ MORE
The the fact that I'm not reading a book every night is kinda shocking to me so that needs to change ASAP! I need to make more time for reading even if it's just 10 minutes out of my day I want to make that time as reading was always a great way for me to escape and relax which is something I'm in dire need of lately. Be sure to give me some book recommendations I'm willing to step out of my box and try new genres and yes I'm finally going to finish reading The Lord of The Rings trilogy this year!

Re-organize my S*#T
I'm sure fellow geeks can empathise because we like to collect stuff and I seem to have accumulated a lot of stuff over the years and it needs to be sorted out because The Batcave is getting more messy and claustrophobic so it's time I hang those pictures, sort out my shelves and alphabetise my comics this mess can not continue!

Go on an adventure
2015 is kinda a big year for me and I want it to be a celebration of all things awesome so I want to go on a big adventure, I want to meet my blogging friends and I want to see and experience amazing new things. Maybe this one isn't strictly fandom related but my adventures always seem to end up involving something nerdy but first things first I need to renew my passport!

Check out the origins of Friday Fandom 5 & be sure to join in and share your fandom resolutions
Love & Cookies
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment