02 September 2010

Hello September!

 
September has begun, the summer holidays are over and the jumpers are out. Unfortunately my British summer was pretty non-existent (which always the way here!) and the jumpers have been out pretty much since my return from Thailand in July but I can't complain as I experienced plenty of sunshine on my travels and even got sunburnt this year for the first time in a very long time ouch!

I must admit I'm not loving the autumn/winter fashions, so far nothing has really inspired me although I do love the 50's look I've been seeing on the catwalk especially the looks done by Louis Vuitton.


 The colours all seem a bit blah to me and I know generally in the colder months they are but just because it's all gloomy outside doesn't mean you have to be and I know this is coming from the girl who pretty much lives in black and white clothing!

One of the advantages of not loving the autumn/winter collections is that it means I won't be spending as much and I'll be able to save for another big adventure, although it hasn't really stopped me from shopping for other people...

This is me being super organised and buying all my Christmas and birthday presents for the next few months well in advance to avoid last minute freak outs. I think I've set a new record for getting my Christmas shopping done before the Christmas stock has even started to appear in shops!

So I'm kinda curious to know what autumn and winter trends that you like or dislike and will or won't be following. Personally I think there's a lot of fur about at the moment and while I don't mind a bit of fur I'm over it this year and after seeing the Chanel A/W collection I think it's fur overkill and looking more Chewbacca than chic!

No comments:

Post a Comment