04 September 2010

Hello Kitty & Dr Martens: The Best Partnership EVER!


Susie Bubble posted pictures from her photoshoot for the Sanrio Dr Martens partnership in early August and since then I've been counting down the days since they would be released. I must admit I'm not much of a Dr Martens fan I've never really been enamoured by their style but lately I've noticed quite a few of their boots I like. I love their new Diva collection but when I noticed the Sanrio collaboration I was sold and thought it was the perfect excuse for me to invest in a pair.


I pre-ordered the boots in August and on September 1st they arrived at my door. I was extremely impressed with their delivery service not only was the postage free but they kept me updated throughout the day via txt message as to the estimated time of arrival which was shockingly pretty exact!


I love all the little extra Hello Kitty touches there are, the sticker on the box, the mini catalogue with the Susie Bubble promo shots and even the tissue paper was all kitty themed and they even included a free tote bag which was a nice surprise.


There are quite a few different designs available to buy from this collection but I went with the simple black boot with the pink bow, it's not obviously as Hello Kitty as the others but I figured that these would match up better to my wardrobe and when it comes to boots I always without fail go for the black.


I adore the little pink bow on it it's what makes the boot and the bouncing pink soles bring a great fun touch to them, you'll also find the Hello Kitty seal of approval inside the boots which if you're a Hello Kitty fanatic like me is a very important thing to have!


Of course the real test of them is in the wearing and they pass with full marks, I've given them a good trial and they've barely been off my feet since they arrived on my doorstep! One of the things I was worried about was sizing, I ordered my usual size (U.K. 5) and they fit perfectly, I also thought that I might have to break them in first but they're made from soft leather so there was no need. They have to be one of the most comfy pair of boots I own it's like I'm walking on pillows and I'm already looking at getting another pair of Doc's in the not so distant future.


The Sanrio Collection is in stores now but however is limited edition so won't be around for long, be sure to get a pair ASAP because I can tell theses will sell out fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment