01 April 2021

๐Ÿ“ฎ Postcard From A Stranger ๐Ÿ’Œ


Postcard From A Stranger was an interactive exhibition/project hosted in Bangkok at BACC where you could write a postcard to a stranger with some words of positivity in the hopes that that postcard will be picked up by someone and make their day a little bit more brighter, and in exchange for you leaving a postcard you can also take one and hopefully that person's words will bring some comfort and positivity to you. The hope of this project was during these turbulent times to spread a bit more love and positivity into the world and let everyone know we are not alone and we can get through these times together. You never know the personal struggles that someone's is going through and even the smallest of kind of words from a complete stranger can make a big difference to someone's life.


Sadly by the time I heard about this project it was after the end date but due to popularity the gallery decided to extend it for another few weeks so I visited during its last days to leave my own postcard of positivity there. It was so amazing to see so many people getting involved, the walls were covered floor to roof with so many comforting words of positivity and love and not all postcards were written in Thai I saw a few in other languages to, absolutely everyone and anyone could take part in the project all you needed was a pen and paper which were also kindly provided by the gallery for you to take part in the project.


So much has happened over the past year and so many people have been struggling to cope so this was a really great way to bring people together and spread some love. I was overwhelmed with the amount of messages left by people and it wasn't just postcards and notes some people left original their artworks, photos, fortunes and even K-pop photocards for people to take and it eventually evolved into a place where people could not only spread some love to each other but a place for people to share their art, themselves, their love and passion with the world.


This past year has been one of the toughest for me, I've been distanced from the people I care about, I've lost friends and family and I have felt so alone and hopeless at times but people even complete strangers have shown me so much warmth and kindness it has really changed my perspective on a lot of things. This exhibition really touched me and really made me proud to be here, especially when I saw just how many people had been visiting, usually BACC is reasonably quiet but since word got out about this project hundreds of people took time out of their lives to visit and leave these postcards, it really was a beautiful thing to be part of and I hope we can see similar projects happen all around the world because right now we need a bit more kindness in the world.

What message of positivity would you like to say to someone?
Love & Life
Cate
xoxo

Psssst if you want to see more of my adventures you can support me by clicking the button below
Buy me a coffee and get a shoutout on my SNS

No comments:

Post a Comment