26 September 2018

Ryokan Cafe - Chiang Rai - Thailand

Ryokan Cafe - Chiang Rai - Thailand

Hidden between the rice fields not to far from the mysterious, Wat Rong Khun in Chiang Rai, Thailand lives a little piece of Japan the Ryokan Cafe. The Totoro that waits at the bus stop across the road almost makes you feel like your living in your favourite anime, in fact the whole atmosphere of the place from the decor, to the food, to the green fields that surround it makes it feel like you're not in Thailand at all and have been magically transported to Japan's countryside.

Ryokan Cafe - Chiang Rai - Thailand

Ryokan Cafe offers much more than food and drinks, you can actually stay there to in their traditional Japanese rooms and there's also a gallery where you can see local artists work and buy traditional Japanese items and organic foods which they grow there.

Ryokan Cafe - Chiang Rai - Thailand

The food they serve is all homemade and home grown but unfortunately there were no vegetarian options so I settled for a very delicious coffee, hazelnut frappe which came with a scoop of Hokkaido milk ice cream, that alone filled me up so I ended up not getting one of the delicious cakes they also had on offer and my family really enjoyed the food there saying how fresh and yummy it was.

Ryokan Cafe - Chiang Rai - Thailand

It really is such a beautiful relaxing place and I would love to spend the night there one day at as it's so serene and peaceful there, I really did feel like I was in Japan and not in Thailand at all and I love that all the food that they serve there is organic and homemade, it's definitely worth the trip to see especially if you're a Ghibli fan as you'll feel like you've stepped into the real life version of My Neighbour Totoro.

What is your favourite Ghibli movie?
Love & Sunflowers
Cate
xoxo


Psssst if you want to see more awesome cafes from around the world you can click the button below, buy me a coffee, get treats & a shoutout on my next post



No comments:

Post a Comment