22 May 2014

#OOTD: Captain Ameri-Cate


During the Christmas holidays I decided to turn one of my many boring blue dresses into something special and being the huge Captain America fangirl I am it only seemed right to re-create his new S.H.I.E.L.D S.T.R.I.K.E suit from quite possibly my favourite ever Marvel movie The Winter Soldier.


So my shield may not be made of vibranium  but it has saved me at many a con by keeping my drinks and snacks safe, I mean seriously this backpack is absolutely amazing there's even stars and stripes on the lining it's definitely one of the best Etsy purchase I've made.


I always like to throw a little 1940's Peggy Carter pin-up glam into my Cap outfits hence the hair and make-up, although I do want to do a full Peggy cosplay sometime and make myself a helmet for my "New" Avengers suit, yep I'm already working on Cap outfit number 3!


Luckily there were a few photographers around that day to take photos for me, because I sometimes forget to take photos, although it's always kinda weird to stumble across photos of yourself randomly on the internet especially the candids as it makes wonder what the hell I was doing at the time....


London Comic Con is in a couple months and although I would love to start work on another outfit I don't think I've got enough time so I'm thinking I'll wear this one again and possibly my Miss America outfit, it's going to be so much fun and I'm SUPER excited at the prospect of meeting Stan "The Man" Lee I can't wait!

Are you excited for any cons? Be sure to let me know in the comments if you're cosplaying
Love & Freedom
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment