12 July 2011

The Frequent Flyer: 5 Things You Must Do In LA

by P.J.M

There are so many awesome things to see and do in LA that you probably won't be able to experience it all in one visit so if you only have a few days in the city here are 5 things that you simply must do whilst you're there!


$20 for entry isn't cheap but it's totally worth it as there is just sooo many amazing things to see in this exhibition! I spent a good 2 hours browsing and literally jumped with delight when I saw the Edward Scissorhands costume on display. The exhibition runs until 31st October 2011 but if you don't get a chance to see it then I totally recommend a visit to LACMA anyway as it is one of the best art galleries I've ever had the pleasure of visiting.


Melrose Avenue has to be my favourite ever place to shop not only does it have my favourite designers such as Vivienne Westwood, Alexander McQueen, Betsey Johnson and Tarina Tarantio it also has some of the coolest vintage and independent stores to, I spent ALL DAY browsing the stores on Melrose and lets just say my bank account took a bit of a hammering but I'm pretty much stocked on the clothes front for the rest of the year!

Eat at In-N-Out

So many people told that I have to go to In-N-Out when I'm in LA and sure enough I did several times in fact and yes it was probably one of the nicest burgers I've ever eaten and the milkshakes were pretty good to!



This was another amazing art exhibition being hosted at the Geffen Contemporary in Little Tokyo. I'm such a big fan of street art and it's one of the first things I notice when visiting new places so when I was told about this exhibition I just had to go see and it did not disappoint there are some great pieces there from artists such as Miss Van, Banksy, Os Gemeos, Space Invader, SWOON and many many more. I definitely recommend you go see it as it also gives a little history on street art as well, it's on until August 8th so be quick and don't miss out!

Go to Disneyland

Technically Disneyland isn't in LA but I'd say it's a must visit place if you're ever in the SoCal area, it's without doubt the happiness place on earth and every visit to every Disney park I've ever been to has always put me in the best mood and put the hugest smile on my face. This Disneyland is extra special to me though because it was the place that created dreams as the original Disney park and that alone warrants a visit!

Love & Happy Exploring
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment