03 April 2010

The Frequent Flyer meets Beauty Blitz: Must Have Travel Products!!

And you search your heart by Savannah Mae

Quite often when you travel your skin seems to suffer, change of climate, loss of routine and a lack of time means you can't give your skin the treatment it deserves. With restrictions on the quantities and liquids you can take on flights now you often end up skipping or missing out on your usual beauty routine entirely but what you don't realise is that in a travelling environment your skin actually needs more extra special attention than usual.

When I travel, especially on long flights, I take this as an opportunity to treat my skin, give myself a break from using heavy products and just let my skin breathe. I try not to wear a full face of make-up when I'm travelling, which I know is hard for make-up lovers like myself, I instead just wear a tinted moisturiser or BB cream, a bit of lip balm and maybe a bit of mascara just to keep my lashes out of my eyes, the rest of my make-up goes in my suitcase so I don't see it until I arrive at my destination.

I know how annoying it can be to find your usual products in travel sizes and how even more annoying it can be to try and transfer them into smaller jars and bottles so the best option is to try out some travel kits and this Suki Balancing Kit has to be one of the best around!


I'm a huge fan of natural organic skincare products and Suki is a brand that is 100% natural, although effective their products can be very expensive but one of these kits will only cost around $25 - $30 which is less than some of their full sized products and despite their small size there is enough product to last you for at least a two week holiday!

There are two kits one for dry mature skin (Nourishing) and the Balancing Kit which is pretty much suited to all skin types, my skin can be really dry and greasy at the same time but this kit regulates that and leaves me with fresh problem free skin.

The great thing in the Balancing Kit which you don't get in the Nourishing Kit is the Suki Transformative Cleansing Clay, if you're on a long flight and fancy a bit of a facial you can use this as a facial mask, it goes on just like a moisturiser and dries hard like a face mask but it's not noticeable on so you won't freak out the other passengers. The Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser is one of the best I've ever used and leaves you with Spa fresh skin everytime, I'm considering investing in the full sized product so my skin feels like its on holiday all the time!

This kit has now become one on my must have travel products and I've already got one ready to go for when I leave for China, I know with this in my bag I no longer have to worry about the effect that travelling will have on my skin and that I'll always reach my destination looking even better than when left.

This and more Suki Products are availible to by from LoveLula.com

Disclaimer: The views expressed here are my own personal views, I was not paid to write this or compensated in any way. I would not write about something I didn't first try out, wouldn't spend my own money on or believe in..

1 comment: