16 March 2023

Vegan & Gluten-free Pumpkin Scones 🎃


One of my proudest achievements this year has been growing my own vegetables especially this pumpkin so I wanted to put it to good use and make something special so decided to try baking some pumpkin scones as pumpkin scones are one of my favourite seasonal snacks from Starbucks.


It has been a while since I made scones and because I wanted to make it suitable for all diets to enjoy it took me a few attempts to get this recipe right but the end result is vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, and in my opinion even better and more delicious and healthy than the ones I used to get at Starbucks.


For this recipe I steamed and mashed the pumpkin to make my own pumpkin puree but you can use pumpkin puree from a can to save time, also be sure to put your can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight as it will make the dough easier to work with and create a better crumb.

Ingredients

Dry
  • 1 cup gluten-free flour mix
  • 1 tbsp coconut flour
  • 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
  • 1 tsp baking powder

Wet
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup chilled coconut milk
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar

Step 1 - Mix the dry ingredients
In a large bowl measure out and mix all the dry ingredients together until combined.

Step 2 - Mix the wet ingredients
In a separate bowl measure out and mix all the wet ingredients together until well combined.

Step 3 - Mix all together
Gradually add in the wet ingredients into the dry until a soft sticky dough has formed.

Step 4 - Chill
Put the dough in the fridge to rest for an hour.

Step 5 - Heat the oven
While the dough is resting preheat an oven to 200°C and line and grease a baking tray with parchment paper.

Step 6 - Shape the dough
On a clean flat surface sprinkle some flour and then press the dough out in a circle until it's an even 2 - 3cm thick, cut the dough into half, quarters and then eight pieces then place each piece on the lined baking tray.

Step 7 - Bake
Place the scones in the oven to bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown and the tips begin to crisp.

Step 8 - Cool
Once cooked remove the scones from the oven and allow to cool before eating

Step 9 - Eat & Enjoy!
You can eat these scones alone or served with a delicious hot cup of coffee or tea.


Be sure to tag me on Instagram if you make it
Love & Hugs
Cate
xoxo


If you like what you see and want to see more can support me by clicking the button below



No comments:

Post a Comment