03 August 2016

Cute Cafés in Hongdae

Hongdae Graffiti

We only spent a few days in Seoul but it was long enough for me to fall in love with South Korea and make plans to return, one of the things I loved most about Seoul especially Hongdae where we stayed was the café culture, although Japan had a lot of cute cafés I'd say Seoul had even more! We basically spent a whole day in Seoul just going from one cute café to another so today I'm going to share a few of the places we visited.

You Are Here Cafe (Hongdae)
I'm a big fan of Simon and Martina of Eat Your Kimchi so had to pay a visit to the café while we were there. I got myself a large coffee (not even kidding it was huge!) and treated myself to a slice of the Oreo cake which was super yummy and not too sweet or sickly. The café is a great place to chill out and in a nice quiet area, unfortunately it was raining when we were there but I'm sure the gardens are a nice place to hang out in the warmer weather.

Bau House (Hongdae)
Dogs, dogs, dogs, I love dogs so I had to visit a dog café whilst in Seoul and I loved it it was complete madness, lots of barking and peeing and running about but it's exactly what I needed after being away from my pooch. There are dogs of all shapes and sizes there from Corgis to Labradors and you can buy treats to give them which gets them all excited. All you need to do is buy a drink each and then you can play with all the doggies for up to an hour, but there's no food there I guess because the dogs would steal it all so be sure to grab something to eat before you get there.

Afternoon Tea Room (Edae)
This place is actually in Edae which is not to far from Hongdae but definitely worth checking out I actually found it thanks to an old post on Cute in Korea (thanks Elle!). There are lots and lots of teas to chose from, I chose a fruit tea and it was so yummy and we got some coconut cookies which were freshly baked and smelled soooo goo, it's such an adorable place to very fancy and a great place to relax after all the shopping.

Hello Kitty Cafe (Hongdae)
So I couldn't not visit the Hello Kitty Café when I was in town, we actually got here just after 10pm and there were quite a few people just sleeping there... I suppose it shows just how comfy it was! The place is super pink even the toilets are cute and there's also a gift shop, there were lots to chose from on the menu to but I wasn't really hungry so I just got a sundae and a drink and I didn't even finish that, there's quite a few branches around Seoul to so be sure to check it out if you're a kitty fan.

Have you ever been to Seoul & what are some of your favourite cafés?
Love & Coffee
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment