10 May 2016

FYeahJapan: The 3 Best Shopping Spots in Tokyo

Harajuku

Let's be real one of the main reasons for my trip to Tokyo was for the shopping, I've been a fan of Japanese street fashion for many years and it has definitely had a major influence on my personal style. There is something to suit all styles in Tokyo and it's an absolute haven for people like me who love to dress a bit quirky and enjoy finding different and unusual items so today I thought I would share three of my ultimate fave places to shop in Tokyo.

Ikebukuro
Ikebukuro
I'd say Ikebukuro has something for everyone there's gaming arcades, anime and manga shops, department stores, maid cafés, cat cafés, The Pokemon Center, Studio Alta and so many Bic Camera's I lost count! We stayed not too far from Sunshine City which is an awesome place to shop and it even has an entertainment center with a planetariumobservatory and more, it's a great area which definitely needs more attention and if I ever go back to Tokyo I would definitely stay in that area again!

Shibuya
Shibuya
I have dreamed about visiting Shibuya 109 for many, many years and it did not disappoint as I got so many beautiful things from there although it was complete mayhem on New Years Day there were so many shop girls screaming about the sales my head was ringing but hey totally worth it and it's all part of the Tokyo experience. Shibuya was also home to my favourite sushi restaurant Uobei which we visited quite a few times. You can even find some great Otaku stuff in Shibuya to at Parco, Mandarake and Animate, and of course no trip to Shibuya is complete without saying hello to Hachiko who was occasionally joined by a cat...

Harajuku
Harajuku
Harajuku fashion is so well know it's its own culture so of course a trip to Takeshita Dori is a must do for any fashionista. I love how all the stores are themed and decorated they make visiting the shops a real experience but the best places to shop in my opinion are the 2nd hand stores shops like Closet Child, Usagi Youhinten and Jumble Store because you can find some really awesome bargains I mean I got a Moi Meme Moitie top for on sale for 300 yen and I don't think I paid over 1000 yen for a single item in those shops! And then there's the food, the crepes and the theme cafés and possibly the best vegan burgers in Tokyo. I loved Harajuku so much and although we visited there multiple times there was always some new amazing find down some random backstreet, it's a really great area to just get lost in. A visit to the Moshi Moshi Box Tourist Information is a must to as not only is it super cute, the staff are really sweet and they even took our photo and posted it on their instagram then gave us a coin for some free miso soup and there's even free karaoke you can do there to in the cutest fluffiest room ever, just one tip though if you hate crowds it's probably best avoided at weekends and holidays but otherwise I totally encourage you to join the madness as there's always some colourful characters to be seen there.

Where are your favourite places to shop?
Love & Sushi
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment