26 June 2012

Beauty Blitz: 5 June Faves


This month I've completely fallen head over heals in love with Illamasqua, I bought a couple of things from them earlier this year but have been waiting to use up a few of my existing products before I start on them. I also went on a little Illamasqua splurge after they sent me a 20% discount code for just mentioning how much I loved their latest collection on twitter, is this not the best make-up company or what!?


Illamasqua Cream Blusher
The best blusher EVER! I've tried a lot of blushers in the past but never really found one I liked so I don't really wear blush that often but this one goes on so smoothly and blends so well to give you a nice dewy finish that I want to use it every day. I bought this in Rude which is a soft peachy shade and it's also a great colour to use on your lips and eyes, so a great one to travel with and something that's going straight in my travel kit!

 Illamasqua Precision Ink
Precision really is the word for this! I suck at doing my eyeliner, my hands gets all shaky and it often ends up going all over the place so anything that comes with a simple easy to use applicator is an absolute godsend for me. The precision inks are super long lasting and they don't smudge, so I will definitely be stocking up on more of them soon and this is another one of Illamsqua's products which has a multiple purpose as you can use them for nail art to, amazing!

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation
It has been a long time since I've used foundation, I normally just use BB cream which tends to give me enough coverage and doesn't clog my skin up but after hearing so many good things about Illamasqua's Skin Base Foundation I decided to try it out and I absolutely love it! It gives great lasting coverage which isn't too heavy and they have an amazing colour selection so you're sure to find one that matches your skin, I'd also recommend you going to a store and getting a colour match done like I did as I actually ended up being a few shades darker than I thought I was going to be.

Korres Lemon Lip Scrub
Lip scrubs are something I never thought of trying before but as I suffer from really dry lips sometimes I thought something like this might help. The scrub grains are quite small like grains of sand so it's not too harsh on your lips but does a great job of exfoliating and removing some of that flaky skin as well as being super moisturising, my lips are always so soft after I use this so it's a great one to have in my make-up kit.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Stick
I used to always carry one of these around in my bag when I was at school to calm down my breakouts and between then and now I had almost forgotten about this until The Body Shop gave me one free on my last visit there. I really love this product as it does a great job of spot treating blemishes and calming down breakouts, I've been overdoing it on the junk food recently so my skin has been suffering but after dabbing this on a few on my spots my breakouts have been less angry and healed quicker so this one is definitely a keeper!

Be sure to share some of the beauty products you've been loving this month in the comments
Stawberries & Ice Cream
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment