21 June 2012

That Time I Met Superman (and other super people!)


Although it was oh so cold and rainy at this years Collectormania I had the best time ever. The guest line up was just too awesome for me to miss out on so I just thought screw the budget there are some opportunities you just can't miss and this was definitely one of them!


I kicked off my weekend by meeting Sean Astin and getting my Lord of the Rings boxset signed by him, he's such a lovely guy I can't believe 10 years have past since the first Lord of the Rings movie. I met Billy Boyd and Dominic Monaghan many years ago but never ever though I would get the chance to meet Samwise Gamgee.


Superman has always been my favourite super hero, for many years growing up I wanted to be a journalist just like Lois Lane and Clark Kent so I was really excited to meet Superman himself AKA Brandon Routh who I have to add was just as awesome in Scott Pilgrim and Chuck.


I have to say he really is Superman, he's such a sweetheart and it was such a joy meeting him I'm still bouncing with joy just thinking about it and I'm loving the fact that I can now say the last guy I hugged was Superman.


There was a whole bunch of Game of Thrones people this weekend much to my delight, Jason Momoa (Khal Drogo) got the party started early on Friday playing a bit of barefoot football then and I quote "getting drunk with 'his dad'" which I thought was hilarious.


Jason just seemed to be having the best time there although he was limping around on Sunday apparently because he got drunk and fell off a bucking bronco which was the best thing I heard all weekend, and he also gives great hugs!


Some Game of Thrones gossip from David Bradley (Walder Frey) as I asked him if he'd be back next season and he said he'd got a call from his agent saying they want him to come back and he's going to be killing a lot of people, he hasn't read any of the books or seen a script yet so he's not quite sure exactly what's coming up but I told him that it's a great storyline, one that everyone will remember and he's going to have a lot of fun with it so he's quite excited about that, oh and by the way he's much much nicer in real life despite the fact he plays such mean characters and be sure to look out for him in the new series Doctor Who.


Josef Atlin (Pyp) will also be back in Game of Thrones next season and starts filming in September as will the always awesome Finn Jones (Loras Tyrell) who starts filming in July and also remembered me from last year!


Natalia Tena (Osha) and Lena Heady (Cersei) were both awesome and did a great talk with Roxanne McKee on Sunday which was just hilarious, I didn't catch the Game of Thrones boys talk on Saturday as I was busy getting photos done but the girls are all really funny together, highlights were when Natalia talks about her bag costume (which we didn't record boooo!) and when Lena talks about Peter Dinklage playing dead...


Another person I never ever thought I would get to meet is John Barrowman who I absolutely fell in love with watching Torchwood, even my mum loves him and asked me to bring back an autograph for her. He's such a charming guy much like Captain Jack and was flirting shamelessly with all the boys there which made me giggle.


I'm not a huge Star Trek fan (although my dad is!) but when you're in the presence of a legend like Nichelle Nichols (Uhura) it's hard not to get a bit starstruck, she was so lovely to saying how beautiful the UK is even though it was quite possibly one of the coldest and wet weekends we've had in a while, I just hope she wasn't too cold and got lots of nice hot cups of tea in her to keep her warm.


And good old Uncle Tom was there to, who we've met several times (although he never remembers) and is always a joy to see. My dad had just finished reading his book and read that he's a big jam fan so we gave him a little pot of strawberry and champagne jam which he was very happy about, he was also joking about his book saying he couldn't bear to read it and that he doesn't believe half of what he's written although he hopes people at least got a laugh out of it.


I had an absolutely amazing weekend and I still can't quite believe I got to meet all these awesome people who were all just so lovely and sweet to us crazy ass fans. I felt so honoured to have been there although next year remind me to take down my Winterfell gear just in case it's another cold wet weekend!

Troopers & Tights
Cate
xoxo

Related Links
Collectormania
More photos on Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment