08 December 2011

The Warriors of Westeros


As 2011 is nearly over we decided to drive down to Birmingham to attend the last big comic con of the year Memorabilia and much to my delight some of the cast of Game of Thrones were in attendance. As you guys probably know from my various posts I'm just a little bit obsessed with Game of Thrones.


I bought an awesome map of Westeros (courtesy of eBay) especially for the cast to sign, which they all seemed to like, there isn't currently a lot of Game of Thrones merchandise available so when I stumbled across this map I thought it would be the perfect start to my Game of Thrones collection.


Miltos Yerolemou plays one of my favourite characters in the series Syrio Forel had the honour of being the first to sign my poster, I almost wish I had a sword with me so I could as him to teach me some cool moves, he was absolutely lovely and charming and seems to have a great love of the show and did a wonderful job of bringing the character to life even though Syrio is short lived (or is he?) he still has a strong presence in the story through Arya so definitely will not be forgotten.


James Cosmo was next and he plays Lord Mormont Commander of the Night's Watch which is one of my absolute favourite aspects of the whole series of A Song of Ice and Fire if you couldn't already tell from my outfit and my constant gushing about it. He was also very friendly and just as strong and fatherly as I expected him to be, I pretty much felt like a hobbit in heels next to him because he seemed to tower over me!


Finn Jones plays Ser Loras Tyrell or The Knight of the Flowers and is just as charming and dashingly handsome as he appears to be (and yes that's his real hair!) luckily he has read the books so we could talk about that and what can be expected from season 2 which he had already finished filming when we spoke (sorry no spoilers guys!). He seems to be as much of a fan of the show as I am which is awesome because it only makes me more excited for what's to come.


You can tell from speaking to everyone involved that there is a real love and dedication to the show and it really is something special, so much care and effort has been made in to bringing this enriching world to life and presenting these complex and amazing characters, they all should be very proud of what they've created. Anywho that's enough of my fangirling if you haven't a clue what I've been talking about for this whole post then you need to go watch Game of Thrones and/or go check out the books but be warned they're very addictive!

Fire & Blood
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment