1. There's no such thing as ice so even when the sun is blazing expect to be served a nice refreshing glass (or plastic cup) of piping hot tea!
2. Apple Jam
4. Taxi drivers have no idea where they're going and drive like maniacs!
5. Ultrasound to determine the sex of a child is outlawed.
|by Magali C|
7. Children are very wise there and seem to grow up quickly.
8. It's VERY polluted
9. China Post is SUPER DUPER cheap, so be sure to send a ton of postcards when you're there.
|by Sharyn Morrow|
11. Pineapple beer & that beer in some cases is cheaper than water!
12. Foreigners are rare birds which must be photographed and now I know how celebrities feel when they're hounded by the paparazzi!
13. Women dress really well, pretty, frilly, floral dresses are plenty and they don't need a special occasion to wear them, me likey!
14. Chinese gameshows RULE!
16. Fresh hand-pulled noodles are a gift from the gods
17. Aubergine is the vegetable of choice
|by Stacey Viera|
19. You have to haggle EVERYWHERE!
20. Shopping malls resemble old fashioned market places, so noisy!
Love, Noodles & Happy Memories
The Frequent Flyer: Things to do in Xi'an (China)
The Frequent Flyer: Things to do in Beijing (China)
The Frequent Flyer: Living with Pandas [Part 1]
The Frequent Flyer: Living with Pandas [Part 2]