04 July 2010

Daily Outfit: 2nd July 2010 (Riverside Walk)


July 2nd was my Nanna's 80th birthday so was big cause for celebration, she didn't want a big fuss made so opted for a quiet dinner by the riverside. I decided to go for a 40's - 50's inspired look to bring some nostalgia to the occassion and it was a good excuse to wear my new fave dress that I bought on my recent trip to Thailand.


If you've been browsing through my Thailand photos you'll know that I've worn this dress on almost every occasion since I've bought it, I just adore it and it makes me feel like a 1950's siren everytime I wear it, move over Betty Draper there's a new "Mad Girl" in town!


Purple is my new obsession! I decided with such a busy print to go for simple accents to enhance the purple flowers in the dress and of course such a special occasion calls for a very special bag to come out to play.


My Timmy Woods Eiffel Tower bag as seen on Carrie Bradshaw in the first Sex and the City movie. Seeing this bag was like love at first sight I just love tacky, quirky bags even if they aren't big enough to hold anything inside.
My fabulous Nanna, can you believe she's 80? She doesn't look a day over 60 in my opinion, gosh when I reach that age I would love to look half as good as she does now. So happy birthday Nanna here's to 80 fabulous years and hopefully 80 more!

Necklace - Jade Market in Hong Kong
Dress - Ohayo @ Robinsons
Belt - Secon Square (Thailand)
Tights - Primark
Shoes - Vivienne Westwood x Melissa
Bag - Timmy Woods

No comments:

Post a Comment