24 April 2010

Spring Fashion: H&M Garden Collection


 H&M is quickly becoming one of my favourite high street shops, their recent collaborations with Jimmy Choo and Sonia Rykiel have seen them rise masses in popularity with many stores selling out at a record pace their newest collection, The Garden Collection is no different and incorporates some of the most popular spring motifs as seen on the catwalk.
Romantic, exotic, glamorous or abstract: this spring’s floral patterns provide an injection of creativity and a love of fashion into your wardrobe. The floral looks are inspired by chlorophyll-green gardens, sundrenched landscapes and even 70s hippie chic flower-power. The romantic garden collection is made using organic and recycled materials. All the garments have been produced using sustainable materials or using recycled PET bottles or textile waste.  - H&M
I just love that the high street is now searching more eco-friendly ways to produce their garments proving that eco-friendly is not boring and can be available to by at economically sound prices, some of the nicest dresses on offer cost just £29.99 but look as if they're worth at least double that!


Luckily my local H&M still has most of the collection in stock, however some of the more popular items had already sold out at the bigger stores which is unsurprising as this collection is one of the prettiest on the high street at the moment, so I managed to snag myself a couple of items a cream tunic dress and a pink bodycon dress


I haven't had the chance to wear them properly yet and they'll probably go straight in the suitcase because they'll be perfect to wear when I go away in a couple weeks but I did manage to get some pictures of me trying them on in the changing rooms.

I got this tunic dress a couple sizes bigger than what I would usually partly because my normal size was sold out and partly because I think it looked better worn a bit baggy either way it's pretty versatile, I can already think of lots of different ways of dressing this up or down.

This was actually one of the first dresses I picked up out of the collection because I love the rose ruffle sleeves although I didn't actually buy it after my first visit because it was a bodycon dress and I didn't think it suited me. But I went back a second time tried it on again, thought it was too cute to pass up and bought it, although admittedly I'll probably have to invest in a good pair of spanx before I wear it out but I do like it and I'm glad it didn't sell out before I had the chance to go back and get it!

So girls if you haven't already get down to you local H&M and check it out because stores are selling out fast and some pieces are already selling for double even triple on eBay, this collection is not only perfect for spring but a way forward to introducing more eco-friendly and sustainable fashions onto our high streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment