26 May 2017

5 Fandom Friday: 5 TV Shows I Would Un-Cancel



Welcome to another Fandom FriYAY! Sorry it's been a while since my last one (almost 2 months) but life has been crazy, anyway this week we're talking about TV shows we loved that were unfortunately cancelled which is a subject very close to my heart as a fangirl as I feel this is constantly happening to shows that I love and it breaks my nerdy heart. If you want to find out more about Fandom Friday then check out the Geek Girl Bloggers community and founder The Nerdy Girlie's blog and join in!


Angel
I think Angel was the first TV Show I really got upset about them cancelling. Like many others I absolutely adored Buffy but I think I loved watching Angel more and I felt there were just so many more stories for them to tell and I loved the dynamic of the team with some of my favourite characters from Buffy like Cordelia, Wesley and Spike and the new characters of Lorne, Gun and Fred. I would have loved to see at least one more season of the show to wrap things up, Buffy I think got an ending that everyone was satisfied that felt like an ending but the finale of Angel felt way too random and rushed.


Hannibal
Hannibal was such a beautiful show with a perfect cast that just conveyed mood and atmosphere so perfectly, I almost felt like I fell into a trace while watching it it immersed me so much. There is just no other show on TV like this and I would have absolutely loved to see it grow and develop and new characters like Clarice be introduced but unfortunately it's lifespan was cut short. I'm still super salty about this as it had such a dedicated fanbase and following to but I guess it's the curse of Bryan Fuller... please don't let American Gods get cut short to!


Almost Human
I mentioned Almost Human in my last post but it deserves another mention in this post because it's another show that got cut after just one season which I loved. This was essentially a sci-fi buddy cop show and I normally don't enjoy cop shows but this one had an amazing cast, Karl Urban was just so perfectly cast and had so much humour and rapport with his droid companion, there was enough sci-fi and mystery to keep me entertained and wanting more and I really wish it would have had another season.


Constantine
WHY was this show cancelled after just one season? I have been a fan of the Hellblazer comics for the longest time and Justice League Dark is one of my newer favourite comic book series to so I had so much anticipation for this series. I did like the Keanu Reeves movie but he just didn't give me those Constantine feels but Matt Ryan definitely did and played the role so perfectly so much so he had a small guest role on Arrow and even Guillermo Del Toro was considering casting him for the Justice League Dark movie which he's unfortunately not working on anymore (WTF DC!?) I think given the chance he would have really grown so much into the role and I'm still hoping the CW will pick up the show but I guess they already have that genre covered with Supernatural...


Agent Carter
I'm honestly so heartbroken that I'll never get to see Peggy Carter ever again in the MCU, not only was Peggy such an amazing character strong, funny, feminine, witty, smart, etc. but Hayley Atwell was in real life to. I enjoyed this series so much and I felt like it was something that was definitely needed in this male dominated superhero world and I was really looking forward to seeing the development of S.H.I.E.L.D. between Peggy and Howard Stark (also shoutout to Jarvis who I loved to!) but unfortunately it looks like this will never happen... Marvel please bring back Agent Carter I miss her so much!


What shows do you miss watching on TV?
Love & Strawberry Tea
Cate
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment