09 December 2015

Valley of The Temples (Agrigento)

Agrigento

Whilst in Palermo we decided to take a day trip to Agrigento to visit The Valley of the Temples which is one of Sicily's largest attractions and understandably as it has some of the best preserved Grecian architecture outside of Greece.


Agrigento

Agrigento

Agrigento

We started the day off with a trip to the museum to see some of the items that had been escavated from the site and I was very impressed at just how many things were on display from little things like coins and urns to statues and column, in fact they're still finding new items to add to the collection.

Agrigento

Agrigento

Agrigento

After a rather delicious lunch at a local restaurant we were all fuelled up and ready to explore the temple ruins. I'll admit I know nothing of ancient history that's pretty much The Dad's area (I think he knew more than our tour guide!) but I was really impressed as I've only ever seen things like this in movies and it blew me away to think of the effort and man power that went into building these huge structures.

Agrigento

What UNESCO World Heritage Sites are on your must see list?
Love & Sunshine
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment