10 December 2017

The Christmas Tag!

Hallgrímskirkja

Can you believe it's almost Christmas? So Sarah over at Raiin Monkey tagged me to do a Christmas tag and I thought it would a fun way to get into the festive sprit. I have to admit now I'm living in the tropics I've not really been feeling that festive vibe although there are some pretty awesome trees around town but I'm kinda loving being in Asia for Christmas again. This is actually my 3rd year spending Christmas in Asia, the first year I spent in Japan, last year I was in Bangkok and this year I'll be in Seoul and hopefully I'll be able to continue the tradition and spend Christmas in another Asian country next year as I'm loving seeing how other cultures celebrate the day. So anyway on to the tag....

 Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until last minute?
I used to start shopping around September but as I've been travelling these past few years I tend to go shopping whilst I'm away and look for cool souvenirs and things I think my family and friends might like there which inevitably means everyone ends up getting their presents some time in the new year, but I mean as long as they get something awesome it's all good right?

If you could be in any Christmas movie, what would it be?
Batman Returns... is that a weird one? I guess so but it was the first one that came into my mind because I just love that gothic aesthetic and I mean who doesn't want to be Catwoman in that movie? But a more traditional pick would be Home Alone 2 because I have always dreamed of spending Christmas in New York I mean there's just so many Christmas movies based in New York it just makes it seem so beautiful and romantic.

Which do you like better: Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Christmas Day for sure because we've never really done anything special to celebrate Christmas Eve

When does your family (or you) put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it?
So it's been a while since I had a tree but usually I would put up all the decorations in our house around the second week of December. Funnily enough the first Christmas I was away in Japan my Dad kept asking me who's going to put up all the decorations if I'm not here haha bless!


White lights or coloured lights?
It depends on the tree, I think the traditional green ones look better with while lights but our current tree is black and has LED lights built in that changes colours which is pretty cool.

Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like the surprise?
I don't even get a chance to peek because they're normally hidden away until Christmas morning and any other gifts I exchange with my friends we normally open when we're together so there's no waiting or temptation to peek, but I do love surprises.

Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or in Santa's workshop?
Oh man a gingerbread house for sure but it would smell AMAZING but I can't imagine it lasting long as I would probably just keep nibbling at it.

Tell us your Christmas Eve traditions!
I don't really have any... sometimes we used to go to my Nanna's house for a buffet and then just come home and watch Christmas TV and movies but other than that we don't really have any Christmas Eve traditions, maybe I should make some?

If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone who would it be? 
Well I think that one is pretty obvious...

What tops your Christmas tree? 
It's always been an angel and after the last one broke, which we had had since I was a baby, I decided to put a Funko Pop of Castiel from Supernatural at the top instead because he's an angel afterall... MERRY NERDMAS!

Can you name the 12 days of Christmas? 
Maybe... I guess I would have to sing it to find out, its the one about all the gifts right?

Have you ever gone Christmas carolling? 
YES! When I was a kid I was part of the school choir, I still have no idea why as I couldn't sing then and I definitely can't now, so we used to go to retirement homes at Christmas and sing for all the old people there which was pretty sweet, I kinda wish I could do it again but I'll spare people having to listen to my terrible singing although I did do karaoke last Christmas...

Do you countdown to Christmas? If so, how many days left?
 The only thing I'm counting down to at the moment is my vacation in 7 DAYS!!


What are some foods and treats you can count on having every holiday season?
I guess lots of cakes, biscuits and pies although I haven't really had the chance to eat much festive food for the past few years but I'm trying I mean Asia has a lot of kawaii Christmas themed food which I really should make the most of while I'm here.

How has Christmas kept its magic for you as you've grown older?
Definitely since I've been travelling and spending Christmas in Asia doing new and different things to celebrate the magic of the day has been restored for me and these past few years have been the best I've had in a looong time! I really hope to keep this new tradition up and keep travelling during the holidays and having as many different festive experiences in as many different countries and cultures as I can.


I'm tagging my friends Hilde, Angie and Cally and anyone else who wants to get in that festive spirit!
Love & Cookies
Cate
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment