10 May 2017

Anime Series I'm Watching & Loving!

Cat program

A new anime season has started but I'm still trying to catch up on previous seasons in fact I've been such a bad nerd lately I don't even know what the new releases even are apart from the long awaited Attack on Titan season 2 and before you ask nope I've not seen any of it yet! I feel like my watch list has been quite varied lately which is good because I get a bit tired of watching the same things all the time so I hopefully this post will have an anime to suit all tastes.

オレンジ
High school student Naho receives a mysterious letter written by herself 10 years into the future and although she's sceptical at first once she sees events unfolding as detailed in the letter she starts to believe it's genuine, now the younger Naho has a chance to undo all her past regrets and hopefully create a happier future for herself and her friends. I really love the concept of this anime and prior to watching it I had heard so many good things about it and I even bought the manga series which I've yet to read but definitely will soon. I liked this anime so much I ended up watching the whole series in one go so it's definitely worth the hype! The story is simple to follow and executed very well and the animation is really beautiful I mean the scenery is so beautifully drawn you can almost smell the fresh flowers. Orange is such a sweet yet heartbreaking anime which makes you reflect on your own past and what you would do if you had the chance to undo your past regrets, a question I often ponder myself.


逆転裁判 その『真実』、異議あり!
I'm a big fan of the Ace Attorney games so I was super excited when I heard about the anime. The anime pretty much follows the same cases you play in the game but without the gameplay element so you're basically just watching the case unfold without the interactive element. Those familiar with the game (or movie) may find this anime a bit boring because you know exactly what is going to happen but despite this I really enjoyed the anime and one of my favourite episodes was seeing the relationship between Phoenix, Edgeworth and Larry when they were kids, I thought it was really sweet. If you're a fan of the detective genre or the game then definitely check this out.


Set during the prohibition era in America this anime follows the story of Angelo Lagusa and his quest to seek vengeance against the Mafia boss that killed his family. I've always been a big fan of the Mafia genre so this anime interested me from the start, it's set over 91 days (hence the name) although the anime is only 12 episodes long. I really enjoyed the aesthetics the anime has a kinda sepia tone to it representing the time period and the music matched the mood to, the storyline itself is pretty stereotypical to that of most mafia movies but it was still interesting to see the story unfold and I felt it was quite different to a lot of the other anime I had watched recently and a lot more adult and darker in tone without being excessively violent or gory.

デス・パレード
Quindecim is a bar that patrons visit upon their death to be judged whether their souls will be reincarnated or sent to the void, here they will play a game which will eventually reveal their memories and true nature in order to find out their fate. This anime was so interesting each episode follows a different set of people and the eventual reveal of their fate but things aren't so black and white and sometimes even the arbiters of the afterlife question their final decisions. Death Parade is a show about morality and human nature at its core, it's not simply about being bad or good person as we find most the people here are a mixture of both and by questioning the lives of the patrons and their actions in that moment of desperation we also question ourselves and how we would act in a given situation and what fate it would bring us.

Kaizaki Arata is a 27 year old NEET who one drunken night meets a guy who offers him a pill which will give him the appearance of a 17 year old and invites him to join in on an experiment where he will have to attend high-school again for one year, Kaizaki takes the pill and the next day starts high school again where he finds things are not as easy as he originally thought. This anime is a lot more light-hearted than Orange and had many humorous moments, I found myself relating to Kaizaki quite a bit especially as I'm studying again and living in an area of predominately young students which can be both invigorating and exhausting.

What anime series have you been watching lately?
Love & Lemons
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment