08 June 2016

FYeahJapan: Chasing Cats at Fushimi Inari-Taisha

Fushimi Inari-Taisha (Kyoto, Japan)

This month I am going to be telling you all about our adventures in Kyoto, unfortunately we only stayed a few days there but it didn't take long for me to absolutely fall in love with the place, I would have happily spent the entire trip there as there was no end of beautiful places to explore and the people were just so friendly and helpful I adored it so much and of course the highlight of my entire trip was definitely our visit to Fushimi Inari-Taisha.

Fushimi Inari-Taisha (Kyoto, Japan)

Fushimi Inari-Taisha (Kyoto, Japan)

I have seen this place in so many movies and photos that it was just a dream come true to be there and it was so much more beautiful in real life than I ever thought it would be and it started off as a pretty nice day to considering it was the middle of December. I had read several different sources which told me to allow an hour or two to walk up to the top but we spent over 4 hours there and didn't even get halfway up, and as it was starting to get colder and darker we thought it was best go back which ended up being a pretty good decision as we passed some even more beautiful shrines and some adorable cats.

Fushimi Inari-Taisha (Kyoto, Japan)

On the way down I also stopped by a small shrine and noticed that you could get fortunes in English which is always a fun thing I like to do when I visit temples so I made my offering and got my fortune which was and I quote "Excellent!" so after that I made my thanks and lit some incense then bought some little charms for myself and my family which got put into little paper bags then "blessed" by the man by striking two sparking stones together above it, so cool!

Fushimi Inari-Taisha (Kyoto, Japan)

Fushimi Inari-Taisha (Kyoto, Japan)

To end our visit there we stopped in an old fashioned tea house just outside for some matcha and cookies which was very much needed and very delicious after our adventures up the mountain. There are lots of little shops and food stalls leading up to the shrine which I would totally recommend exploring, I ate so much there the food was so good and the shops are just full of adorable things I could have easily spent all my money right then and there.


Hopefully with all the good luck I received there it means I'll be back one day and maybe I'll be able to reach the top without being so distracted by all the beautiful things and cats...

What's the one place you've seen in movies or TV would love to visit in real life?
Love & Foxes
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment