26 November 2011

Recipes For a Cold Winter's Day


The holidays are on their way and with it a plethora of delicious food, I'm a firm believer that anyone can cook and even if your meals don't turn out as pretty as they do in the recipes there's no better gift than a home cooked meal and that to me is what the holidays are all about so I thought I would share a few of my favourite winter recipes from fellow bloggers for you guys to try out.

Quinoa Stuffed Squash - The perfect seasonal recipe, healthy, delicious and really easy to make.

Curried Vegetable Stew with Pearl Barley & Almonds -Stew is the best cure for a cold winters day and I love this different take on a traditional recipe.

Beef Stew - A simple but delicious recipe sure to warm your belly!

Lentil and Root Vegetable Soup -  One of the best soups I've tasted and makes great use of those seasonal vegetables.

Butternut Squash Soup - I love the use of pears and cheese in this, it gives the soup a great depth of flavour
 
Super Moist Pumpkin Bread - Although the recipe says bread there's none of that kneading and rising involved (thankfully!) this tastes great with a hearty warm soup.

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies - So light and delicious perfect with a mug of hot chocolate.

Old Fashioned Donuts with Chocolate Glaze - Hot fresh donuts are the yummiest thing ever, the perfect comfort food!

Blueberry Peach Pie - I love me some pie and blueberry and peach work so deliciously together.

Fifteens - These are such an easy and great treat to make whatever your kitchen skills, try them  and you'll be hooked!

Indulge & Enjoy!
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment