03 November 2011

Random Acts of Kindness: Operation Christmas Child


I was lucky to have been brought up in a household where I pretty much got everything I wanted for Christmas (although I'm still waiting on that Dinosaur) but I know there are lots of children in this world who aren't as lucky as I was and every Christmas I always try to give back some of that joy I experience to someone who may not be as lucky this Christmas..

Operation Christmas Child is something I've been involved in since my school days when it first started 20 something years ago and even though my school days are long since gone I've continued the tradition and every year made an effort to donate at least one shoebox to the appeal.

It's shoebox donation time again and from the 1st to the 18th of November Operation Christmas Child will be taking in shoeboxes filled with gifts and goodies to send to disadvantaged children all around the world and I totally encourage all of you to get involved as it's such a fun project to be involved in and it brings a lot of hapiness to so many children.

There's two ways you can make up a shoebox the traditional way like I did, by following these guidelines and dropping it off at your local Drop Off Point or you can do it virtually by visiting Shoebox World and selecting the gifts you want to include in your box and make your donation that way. So what are you waiting for spread the joy of the holidays, grab a shoebox and fill it with love

Love & Sparkly Hugs
Cate
xoxo

1 comment: