10 November 2015

107 Steps Closer to Heaven (Palermo Cathedral)

Palermo Cathedral

I stumbled upon Palermo Cathedral on my first afternoon there completely by surprise, I wasn't looking for it, I was just aimlessly wandering the streets and all of a sudden there it was, this huge beautiful building surrounded by the scent of oranges and coffee from neighbouring cafés.

Palermo Cathedral

Palermo Cathedral

The sun began to set as I walked around the courtyard so I decided to explore it properly the next day and grab myself some food and some sleep. Palermo Cathedral is a lot bigger than the Capella Palatina but less ostentatious albeit a bit more fancy than any of the churches I had ever visited in the U.K.

Palermo Cathedral

Palermo Cathedral

For a small charge you can visit the treasury, the crypts and the roof which is a must because the views up there are amazing. To reach the roof we had to walk up an old stone spiral staircase of 107 steps which was a great workout for the thighs after indulging on all that gelato and pizza but totes worth it! I loved being up high and seeing the whole city, it was the perfect sunny day so you could see the ocean and the mountains surrounding the city, it was just so beautiful up there.

Palermo Cathedral

Palermo Cathedral

Palermo is such a beautiful place and even better than Rome in my opinion, I really enjoyed just wandering around and visiting random churches and cafés, amazing places can literally be found on every corner and this was one of them.

Love & Sunshine
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment