28 December 2012

2012: The Year I Changed and Became a Better Me


Back in January I vowed to myself that this would be the year I broke free of all my past gripes and became a better version of myself (Cate2.0!), I discussed a few of my goals for the year so now with 2012 coming to an end I'm going reflect back and see how much things have changed for me.

Taking better care of myself
One of the biggest and most visible changes I've made this year is to my health, I've lost nearly 3 stone in weight, I'm stronger both mentally and physically, my skin is clearer and overall I just feel so much better and so free. The best thing about this change is that being healthy is no longer some sort of fad for me it's a lifestyle, I've changed my habits so that exercising and meditation are now a regular part of my day and the strength that I feel now is so amazing that I know I'll never go back to that unhealthy place.

Building a better business
Wow is all I can say, this year has really pushed me when it comes to business! The support everyone has given me this year has been overwhelming and given me the boost I need to try new things and carry on going. Running your own business is hard and I've learnt so much this year and I hope in 2013 I can really push myself to the next level and continue to grow and improve.

Exploring and discovering new things
I didn't really have as many adventures as I would have liked in 2012, my summer in Thailand was mostly spent with my family and sorting out my Thai citizenship (yep I'm officially Thai now!) but the one thing I did learn this year, which is probably the most important thing, is how much I love my family and how much I miss seeing them, leaving Thailand this year was really difficult for me but it gave me that push I needed to work harder and create a better future for myself and my family.

Being charitable
I still feel like this is a major work in process for me, I haven't done as much as I've wanted to when it comes to charity this year although I do feel that when it comes to my family and friendships I've been the most charitable of all. They say charity begins at home and for me this year my family and friends have needed me the most so I've always been there to offer a helpful hand or two whether they want advice or just someone to moan at, I hope next year will be a better year for them and that we'll all have happier days x

Making the right purchases
Earlier this year I said this would be the most difficult for me but I actually think I've done pretty well. After losing so much weight this year it's left me with a wardrobe I can't fit into and although it has given me the perfect excuse to go on a shopping spree I've actually only bought a few things and most of them are from independent designers or bought second hand, I definitely think I've made a change for the better especially in the later part of this year so I hope it continues in 2013!

What were your goals for 2012 and do you think you've achieved them? Be sure to leave me a comment!

Stars & Dreams
Cate
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment